[Immigrantrightsnynj] Safe Horizon Anti-Trafficking Program hiring!
Immigrant Rights NYNJ
immigrantrightsnynj at list.afsc.org
Thu Jul 23 13:32:23 EDT 2009
Please distribute widely.
Title: Training and Advocacy Director
Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP)
Reports to: Senior Director, ATP
Location: New York City, New York (Downtown Brooklyn)
Program Description: Using a client-centered, trauma-informed and human rights-based approach, Safe Horizon operates a comprehensive and community-focused intensive case management and legal services program for survivors of human trafficking. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including trainings, presentations, case consultation, technical assistance and advocacy.
The Training and Advocacy Director develops and implements the training, outreach and advocacy efforts of the Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP), in coordination with the Senior Director of ATP, with the goal of enhancing the ability of the victim service field, law enforcement, other first responders, and key stakeholders to understand human trafficking and effectively identify and respond to survivors.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop and implement a training, outreach, and community organizing strategy to increase collaboration with local organizations to identify and refer trafficking survivors to Safe Horizon.
* Develop and maintain training curricula, outreach materials, and technical assistance resources for multi-disciplinary audiences.
* Monitor, analyze and assess federal, state, and city laws and policies affecting human trafficking survivors. Propose and advocate for legislative and policy changes that promote client-centered, trauma-informed, and rights-based approaches to preventing and responding to all forms of human trafficking.
* Create rapid response strategies to respond to time-sensitive developments in the trafficking field.
* Stay abreast of trafficking related posts on social networking sites, forums, blogs, and online articles, and post comments to increase visibility of Safe Horizon and proactively communicate our mission.
* Provide technical assistance to federal and state government agencies, federal and local law enforcement agents, and service providers.
* Represent ATP in key anti-trafficking initiatives and actively participate in networks and task forces.
* Manage training contracts and grants from government and institutional sources.
* Assist Senior Director to identify funding opportunities, write funding proposals and to maintain strong relationships with current and potential funders.
* Actively participate in weekly staff meetings with a small and dynamic team.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
* Master's Degree in a related field (e.g. public policy, international development); JD useful but not required.
* Knowledge of anti-trafficking legislation and policy development at New York City, State and Federal levels.
* Strong relationships with and/or knowledge of law enforcement agencies, community based organizations, and international organizations most likely to come in contact with trafficked persons.
* 3-5 years experience conducting training, outreach and community organizing activities, preferably around human rights issues (human trafficking, immigration and/or workers' rights issues very desirable), with demonstrated results.
* 3-5 years experience conducting advocacy activities for a non-profit or similar organization around human trafficking or related issue.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of training curricula development; ability to integrate engaging training techniques for diverse audiences (e.g. government officials or potential clients) and update existing trainings.
* Dynamic public speaker and presenter with ability to engage diverse audiences.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to delegate tasks to staff you do not directly supervise in tandem with their direct supervisor to ensure consistency and manage workload.
* Must be familiar with a wide range of social justice work, immigration and workers' rights issues, the underlying social issues effecting survivors of human trafficking, violent crime, domestic violence, torture, flight from persecution in other countries, and those seeking basic family reunification.
* Excellent cross-cultural skills; conversational in a second language (Spanish, Russian, Korean or Chinese speaking preferred.)
* Computer skills.
* Low-Mid $50ks DOE, excellent benefits plus four weeks paid vacation.
Please email resume and a cover letter outlining how your experience relates to the job function and KSAs to Jennifer Dreher, Senior Director, Anti-Trafficking Program at
atpjobs at safehorizon.org. Resumes without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Senior Director, Anti-Trafficking Program
50 Court Street, 8th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
T 718.943.8648 F 718.943.8653
jdreher at safehorizon.org
moving victims of violence from crisis to confidence
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 13294 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://list.afsc.org/pipermail/immigrantrightsnynj/attachments/20090723/3151d66e/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the ImmigrantRightsNYNJ