[Immigrantrightsnynj] Immigration Court Defense after ICE Raids
Immigrant Rights NYNJ
immigrantrightsnynj at list.afsc.org
Wed Feb 27 16:49:04 EST 2008
Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice invites immigration attorneys in the NJ area to the following training on March 10 (space is limited so please register early).
Immigration Court Defense after ICE Raids: Basics of Filing a Suppression Motion
A Practical Skills Training for Immigration Attorneys
Monday, March 10, 2008
6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Faculty Library (5th floor), Seton Hall Law School
One Newark Center
Newark, New Jersey 07102
This training is directed to immigration attorneys who represent, or would like to represent, individuals arrested in ICE home raids, and who already have basic familiarity with immigration proceedings.
* Overview of ICE home raids and related local and national litigation
* 4th and 5th Amendment and Regulatory Protections
* Additional Suppression Theories & Issues
* Preparing and Filing Motions to Suppress
* Discovery Requests and Contesting Charges of Inadmissibility
* Rex Chen, Esq. - Catholic Charities, Newark
* Bassina Farbenblum, Esq. - Seton Hall Law School, Center for Social Justice
To register or for more information, please visit: http://law.shu.edu/csj/events/immigration_skills_training.html or contact Arwa Fidahusein at (732)763-4366 or fidahuar at shu.edu
Charge of $25 covers training materials and light refreshments.
CLE credit may be arranged.
More information about the ImmigrantRightsNYNJ